2018 Fellowship positions are now open!
We are currently accepting applications for Fellow to be considered for our 2018 summer program. If you are interested in becoming a Fellow for 2018, please review this page, complete the application and email all materials to the Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org . Application deadline is January 19th, 2018.
- Partner in responsible international development: In direct contrast to charity projects, this Fellowship is part of a mutually-beneficial collaboration between US-Brazil Connect and its Brazilian partners.
- Strengthen global leadership skills:Through training, practical experience and reflection, fellows develop and sharpen leadership skills applicable to working on teams, facilitating groups, mentoring youth, understanding innovative education design, and contributing to dynamic cross-cultural environments.
- Work directly with Brazilian high school students: Working as English language “coaches” with Brazilian students via social media and in-person formats, fellows are part of an international education initiative designed to help Brazilian students strengthen their confidence and skills communicating in English.
- Travel to Brazil: Traveling as representatives of US-Brazil Connect (and participating college, if applicable), fellows work in Brazil at an assigned site for 3-4 weeks of this 6-month fellowship.
Fellowship Benefits and Commitments
- Travel: Fellows are responsible for their round-trip plane ticket, visa, health insurance and any travel expenses to attended weekend workshops.
- Giving Back: All US-Brazil Connect Fellows must complete a Pay-It-Forward project designed to reflect the impact the program has had on them.
- Experience and Skill Development: Fellows gain experience working with both Americans and Brazilians teams in an international setting. Fellows are committed to leading their group of 12 Brazilian students on Facebook, on Google Hangout and in the classroom over the 24-week program period.
- Personal Growth: Fellows must complete weekly assignments aimed at building holistic skills in global leadership.
Eligibility and Application Process
To apply, interested applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be either a college graduate or attending college courses.
Please download this Fellowship Overview document which contains a link to the application form. Submit all completed paperwork to email@example.com before January 19th, 2018.
After applications have been reviewed, US-Brazil Connect’s Fellowship interview panel will contact semi-finalists to set up an interview.